With Pamela G
Includes all 5 sessions in the series as listed below.
Can't make all 5 sessions? Sign up for each one individually.
Class Schedule: Classes will be held over zoom on Saturdays from 1pm to 3pm Pacific Time. Here are the scheduled dates: April 17, May 15, June 12, July 17, August 14. (Dates subject to change.) Pamela will be available for “office hours” and support between sessions.
Sliding Scale Pricing: There will be an option to pay the standard fee. Pay extra to sponsor others who can’t afford it, pay a reduced cost that meets your ability to pay.
- Two contrasting colors of yarn, your favorite weight to work with.
- 16" circular needle in a suitable size to work with your yarn.
- Suitable size needle for working with your yarn flat (choice of straight, circular, or double points).
- Standard notions, stitch markers, highlighters, etc.,
- Part 4 only - Squiggles Cowl pattern by Jo Cottle (included) Please provide us with your Ravelry username and we will put the pattern in your Ravelry library.
- Part 5 only - minimum 40" circular needle or longer in a suitable size for working your yarn into a mobius
This workshop is intended for people who are already comfortable knitting two-color brioche. Ability to knit working two strands at once (as for fair isle or double knitting) will be very helpful but not required. We will review it in class.
Part 1: Introduction to Two-Color One-Pass Brioche (two hours)
Saturday, April 17 from 1:00-3:00pm PT
- Review two-color brioche
- Yarn Management for two-color brioche
- Two passes at once in the round
- Two passes at once flat
Part 2: Linked Double Knitting (two hours)
Saturday, May 15 from 1:00-3:00pm PT
- Linked double knitting vs. One-Pass Two-Color Brioche
- Yarn management for LDK
- LDK Worked Flat
- LDK Worked in the round
Part 3: Increases and Decreases in One-pass knitting (two hours)
Saturday, June 12 from 1:00-3:00 PT
- Worked flat
- Worked in the round
Part 4: Decoding Brioche Patterns - Translating brioche patterns into one-pass or LDK (two hours)
Saturday, July 17 from 1:00-3:00pm PT
- Case study: Squiggles?
- Analyzing the pattern
- Translating the increases and decreases
- Working the project
Part 5: Application – One-Pass Brioche Mobius Cowl Project (two hours)
Saturday, August 14 from 1:00-3:00pm PT
- Review one-pass options
- Decode pattern
- Learn mobius cast-on
- Work the project with support!
- Fix mistakes
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.