Dianthus Shawl kit
Dianthus is a crescent shape shawl knitted top-down using new and innovative Knitted Embroidery techniques the designer, Andree Beddoe is introducing as part of this design.
With Knitted Embroidery, all elements that look like embroidery are knitted along on each row/round. Also, fabric is reversible.
In addition, Dianthus has an original lace edging that combines increases and decreases in a creative way that result in a beautiful undulating bottom border. The shawl pattern is available in 3 sizes: Small/Medium (S/M), Large/XLarge (L/XL), and 18” doll.
Check out the Dianthus knitting videos here.
Yarn Information and Quantity– Doll (S/M, L/XL)
Fingering weight, single-ply merino works best. Select 3 colors with high contrast
• Color A (main color): 75 (375, 650) yards
• Color B (leaf color): 50 (200, 300) yards
• Color C (flower color): 5 (40, 75) yards (200–300 yards if you choose to work shawl lace border in this color)
4.5mm (US 7) 32” to 40” circular needle. Note, if you knit very loosely, go down one needle size.
3.75 mm (US F) crochet hook
4” = 21 sts and 31 rows on plain stockinette fabric.
For this shawl, gauge is a guideline not a requirement.NOTE:
This kit only supplies:
- Yarn amount for the Small/Medium (S/M) size.
- Hard copy of the pattern.